Ports and Connectors on SkyProdigy Scopes
- RS-232 or USB Port - located on the bottom of the hand control. The
primary usage of this port is for controlling your scope with the wide
variety of astronomy software available for PCs, Macs and PDAs. A
secondary usage is for updating the firmware in the hand control or motor control in the mount
- details are found here.
Details about the port connector cables are found in
this section of the website.
- HAND CONTROL Port - located on the fork arm.
The primary usage of this port is for connecting the hand control,
however, this port is actually the same as the AUX port, and so the hand control can be connected to that port as well.
The connector is a 6 conductor RJ-12. The signaling is TTL and so a
serial port on a PC should not be connected to this port.
- AUX Port- located on fork arm, the hand control and other
various accessories can be connected here. The connector is a 6
conductor RJ-12. The signaling is TTL and a serial port on a PC should not
be connected to this port. If additional Aux ports are required,
Celestron offers an Aux Port Splitter (part number 93919). At the date
of this writing, the Celestron accessories requiring an Aux port are:
- SkySync GPS Accessory (part number 93969) -
automatically provides precise location, date and time information
to the hand control.
- SkyPortal WiFi Module (part number 93973) -
allows a tablet or smartphone running the SkyPortal app to control
- POWER CORD Connector - located on the fork arm. This is the connector for the power source
driving the scope - details on this connector are found